DUT online application is open and anyone who wishes to study at the Durban University of Technology can apply. Here is a simple guide to help you with your application process.
DUT online application opens between April and November each year. During this period, prospective students must apply to the University. The application closing dates are also affected by the spaces available so it is very important to apply as early as possible.
The earlier you apply, the higher your chances of getting admission.
Let’s take a look at what goes on during the application process.
DUT Online Application
The Durban University of Technology online application is strictly through the Central Application Office (COA) Website. The application process here is a bit different compared to other University applications so pay attention.
What Is CAO?
Central Application Office (CAO) is a third-party online application portal serving four major South African Universities and other private colleges. The Universities using this portal include the Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology, University of KwaZulu-Natal, and University of Zululand
You might also want to check my previous article on CAO Application Process. The article contains the application process and everything that you must know about the Central Application Office so kindly check it out.
- The process starts with inquiries either from CAO or DUT. You can also simply read the DUT Prospectus instead of going to the campus for the inquiries.
- From there, you will finally send your application through the CAO application portal.
- Your application then goes through the selection process by the University.
- If you meet all the requirements and there is space available for what you want to study, then you will go through the next phase.
- You will have to appear for an entrance test or an interview.
- After a successful interview, you will also have to accept an offer from the university online which if you fail, means you won’t have any chances again until next year.
- If you are able to go through all the processes successfully, the University will now notify you to register for your courses, submit all required documents and also make payments.
That is it. As soon as you get to the final stage, you are ready to study. You should also note that checking application status and submitting your documents are strictly via the CAO platform.
If you wish to know more about registration and other things, check the DUT website.
If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly leave a comment.