Do you know the Fido loan code gives you access to one of the best emergency loan offers? This simple guide contains everything you would like to know about Fido and its loan offers.
There are many times when you will find yourself spending more than you budgeted for a particular period. It is not mismanagement. It is just natural for some unforeseen situations to cause you to spend more than you intend to. If you find yourself in such situations, do not worry. Fido is here to help!
Whether you need money for a medical emergency or a sudden car repair, Fido can provide the funds you need. In this guide, we’ll explain what the Fido Loan Code is, how it works, and how you can access an emergency loan offer from Fido using the code.
Table of Contents
What is Fido?
Fido is one of the top instant loan apps we wrote about earlier in this blog. Fido loan is a convenient and quick emergency loan service designed to help you cover unexpected expenses when you need it most. It’s like having a financial safety net at your fingertips.
Probably it is not money you intend to borrow. If it is airtime, I want you to know that there is a simple way to borrow airtime on MTN Ghana network. We have a full guide on that earlier and you can read it to learn more.
How it works
- The Fido loan works in a way that makes it accessible to all applicants with a valid National ID. The Fido loan system supervises who gets qualified and who doesn’t. This makes it difficult for applicants to determine the qualification criteria for the loan.
- Applicants must register to know whether they are qualified or not. The registration process includes ID verification as well as providing numbers of relatives, whom Fido should contact in case of default.
- Qualified applicants can access up to GH₵ 200 when applying for the first time, and up to GH₵ 3,500 based on their repayment history.
- Applicant can determine how long they would like to take to repay their loan but it shouldn’t exceed 30 days. Also, note that how long you would like to keep the loan will determine how much interest you will pay.
- There are two ways one can access the Fido loan. You can download the Fido App and request or use the Fido loan code which is *998# on all networks in Ghana.
This is how the Fido loan works. In a bit, I will tell you how to apply.
Having multiple income sources reduces the financial constraints on your salary. Learn how to make money online and get paid through mobile money in Ghana. This is a very comprehensive guide published earlier on this blog.
How to use the Fido App
The major way to borrow from Fido is through the Fido App. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices. To start filing your application, follow the procedure below.
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for “Fido”. The app should look similar to the one in the screenshot below.
- Install any of the apps depending on the type of smartphone you are using.
- Start the app right after the installation is completed. You should be welcomed with a similar screen as the one in the screenshot below.
- Tap on the “Register” button. On the next screen, enter your phone number which should be the same number you will use to receive your funds.
- You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your entered number. Enter OTP. you received via SMS.
- You will be prompted to create a PIN. Enter a 4-digit PIN you will always remember and confirm to set your PIN code.
- You can skip the verification process and you will have access to the app. However, you must note that you will have to complete the verification process in order to access the loan.
- To borrow from Fido, tap on the “Apply for credit” button from your Fido dashboard.
- You will be asked to verify your identity if you have not yet. Identity verification includes verifying your National ID number.
- You will also have to add some contacts as guarantors. Note that when you default in payment, these contacts will be called or sent an SMS about your loan.
After verification, you will find out about your loan status. Provided you are qualified, you can access a loan of up to GH₵ 200 for the first time and up to GH₵ 3,500 depending on your repayment history.
There is a simple list published earlier on this blog about; New online jobs in Ghana that pay through mobile money. These are jobs you can combine with your daily job. Get multiple sources of income today so you can ease the financial constraints on your salary.
How to apply using the Fido loan code
The Fido loan code is *998# on all networks. When it comes to using the Fido loan code, it doesn’t matter whether you are using a non-smartphone. You can dial the code and apply for your loan. Follow the procedure below to apply.
- Dial *998# on your phone
- If you have never registered for Fido, then select Option 2 (Register). You will receive an SMS with instructions on how to register.
- After the registration, dial the Fido loan code (*998#) again. You will be prompted to enter your Fido PIN. Enter the 4-digit PIN code you created during the registration.
- Select option 1 (Loan service) and follow the prompt to borrow money from Fido.
Using the Fido Loan code might seem a bit more convenient compared to the other option. However, you must note that the registration process when using the code is tedious compared to using the app.
There is an easier way to make money online. You can simply do that by performing micro tasks. A comprehensive guide was published earlier about how to make money online using TimeBucks. This guide will help you accomplish that.
Is Fido legal in Ghana?
Fido is an authorized Tier 3 Microfinance Institution in Ghana. This makes it a legal company in Ghana. It has been registered and operates as a Micro Credit Company.
How do I borrow money from Fido?
1. Dial *998#
2. Enter your Fido PIN code
3. Select option 1 (Loan Services)
4. Apply for the loan and it will be disbursed into the wallet of the number you registered as your payment method.
You can also borrow money from Fido using the Fido mobile app.
How do I download the Fido loan app on my iPhone?
1. To download the Fido loan app, visit the Apple App Store.
2. Search “Fido loan app”
3. Click on the “Fido loan app” to open the app page.
4. Click on the “Get” button to start installing the app.
5. You can find the app on your home screen as soon as it is done installing.
If you have any question that has not been answered here, you can leave it in the comment section. You can also submit a ticket on https://support.fido.money if your question is more technical.
Fido is one of the top emergency loan service providers. If you want an emergency loan, you can rely on Fido to give you up to GH₵ 3,500 in loans. However, you must know that the qualification criteria for a loan are only determined by the Fido system.
You can apply for a loan via the Fido loan App or via the Fido loan code. No matter which method you use, make sure you pay on time to prepare your account for another loan.