NMU student portal is Nelson Mandela University’s portal for students. This portal allows students to access all the tools they need to help them with their studies. Here is a simple guide to help all users of the portal to get around.
As a student of Nelson Mandela University, you will be making use of the portal every now and then. The platform help students in many ways and below are some of the things you can do with the portal.
NMU Student Portal Features
The portal has many features that students must take advantage of. Let’s take a look at some of the hidden features of this amazing platform that you must know.
- The portal is the mode of communications between the university and the students. In other words, most communications will be done through this portal.
- You also get to check and manage your daily activities as a Nelson Mandela University student through the same portal.
- Checking timetable and academic reports is also another great feature for students to take advantage of.
These and many other awesome features are available. Log in and explore all the features to make your daily activities easier.
How To Log Into NMU Student Portal
The NMU student portal login process is straightforward. All you need is your student number and your NMU network password. If you have all of them, then simply follow the procedure.
- Simply go to the portal URL: >>>> https://students.mandela.ac.za
- As soon as the link loads, you will be prompted to enter your Username and Password. Prefix your student number with “mandela\s” so it looks like example: “mandela\sXXXXXXXXX” where “XXXXXXXXX” represents your student number.
- Enter your NMU network password which was given to you after successful NMU online application. If you have already changed it into your own unique characters, then simply input it.
Note that it is recommended for you to change your password at least once every 60 days. This will help keep your account secure all the time.
NMU Student Email
Another very important portal you will use along the student portal is the NMU student email.
The NMU student mail is a Premium Microsoft email account that you get free of charge to use during your stay at the university. The student mail is unique for everybody and every student gets one after a successful admission.
There are so many features about the NMU student mail that you must also take advantage of and utilize. Check out some of the things you can do with the NMU student email.
- The email account is a Premium Microsoft account. It means that you can use most Microsoft Premium products for free when using this email. Yes!… You can use Office365 without paying for anything. All you have to do is to log in using your NMU student mail.
- You also get free OneDrive cloud storage. This means that you can backup your files and forget about stolen laptop, crushed hard drive or missing pendrives.
- It also has an Instant Messenger which allows you to communicate with other students or lecturers easily.
- It has larger inbox storage so you don’t have to worry about your inbox getting full. You don’t have to delete any of your important messages to free up space.
- It is accessible on all devices being it mobile or large screen devices. You can always access your email with ease.
There are other features that you must also explore while using the NMU student email.
NMU Student Email Login Process
The NMU student mail login process is also straight forward just like the NMU Student Portal Login process.
- Simply visit the outlook URL: >>>> https://outlook.office.com.
- If the link loads, input your email address which should be similar to “[email protected]“. If you don’t know your email address, you can always prefix your student number with “s” and suffix with “@mandela.ac.za“.
- Input your NWU network password which is the same as your NWU student portal password.
You should successfully access the account if your password and emails are correct.
In short, it is more like you can not be a student of Nelson Mandela University and not make use of the student portal. It is absolutely impossible because there are information that are available only via the portal.
There are so many features of the portal that you must utilize too. Always explore and find out more of the features for your own convenience.
If you want to communicate with the University concerning anything, always make sure it is through the official NMU student mail. Messages from external email addresses are definitely not going to get much attention compared to the student email address.
If you also have any challenges along the way while using any of the portals above, kindly call +27 (0) 41 504 1111 or simply send an email to [email protected]. Leave your questions or suggestions in the comment box if there are any.