Studying at home vs studying at school. Which of these do you prefer the most? Let us take a quick look at both options to see which will benefit us the most.
Why must you study at home when you can still afford all the luxury and benefits of studying at school?
Let’s take a good look at why most people prefer to study at home over studying at school and versa.
Studying At Home
Sometimes people do confuse this with studying from home which is also a different case scenario altogether.
I will define this as learning something for yourself outside the four corners of a classroom block. This style of learning always gives you the freedom to learn what you want and at what time you want to.
Advantages of Learning At Home
- You decide what you want to learn by yourself.
- You learn at any time you feel like learning something.
- There are enough resources including gadgets and the internet as a whole to get exactly what you want to learn or even research what you do not understand when learning.
- You do not need a uniform are follow any special rules to learn.
- Learning at home gives you too much freedom to the extent that if you do not take care, you might end up watching TV all day without learning a thing.
- The home environment is not designed for learning.
- You can learn anything you want including things that are not going to help you in any way.
- You learn most from different sources so it is difficult to get someone to guide your steps.
Studying At School
Studying at a school is always the best because you probably get to learn in an environment specially designed to help you learn.
- You get to learn orderly
- You get the guidance you need to learn what you must learn
- Your knowledge is tested with examinations to better help you understand what you are learning more.
- The environment is specifically designed to help you to learn
- You get to ask instant questions and get answers during the course.
- You do not have the freedom to learn what you want since you have to follow a general syllabus.
- You always have to be in that particular place for the learning to be done.
- Resources including computers and calculators are used only at a particular period of time or sometimes during particular subjects.
Most of us prefer to learn at home than in a formal school environment but trust me, learning on your own is not as easy as most people think.
Even though there are lots of resources available to you, especially on the internet, you can easily get distracted by other things around you or on internet and since you are not under any supervision, you easily start to focus on other things.
All the same, you can still combine both learning by yourself with learning in a formal school. It won’t be an easy task but it is still an option.