If you are on this page, then you are probably interested in UFS online application process or any information relating to that topic. No matter what you seek, I am very glad to be of great assistance.
Everything you want to know about the application to study at the University of the Free State is right here on this page. I have explained everything in detail and has also outlined all process that you must follow.
Before you continue reading, kindly take a little time to look at the “Table of Contents”. This is the overview of what is on this page. You can easily click on any of the topics to jump to that particular article.
University of the Free State
The University of the Free State or UFS as it is simply called is a public university in Bloemfontein, a suburb of Free State, South Africa. UFS is one of the oldest universities in South Africa, established over eleven decades now.
The University gives tertiary education to students from all walks of life, teaching and guiding them on different career pathways. There are many courses available at UFS to help students build a career for themselves.
There are also available facilities, both physical and digital tools to help students better understand what they are learning. Some of the digital tools include:
- UFS blackboard: – The Learning Management System (LMS) to help students manage their academics.
- UFS Oracle PeopleSoft: – The UFS students portal that allows students to manage their entire university life.
- The UFS Self Service Portal: – A simple platform that allows students to resolve certain platform issues without necessary booking appointments with the IT (Technical) department.
All these tools and many others including innovative facilities are available to help make learning easier for the students.
UFS online application opening and closing dates
The UFS online application usually opens from June to late September each year. During this period of non-selection programmes, applicants can apply to the University.
For selection programmes, the opening and closing dates are different so you have to check them to know.
Another thing that affects application opening and closing dates is the available space. For every academic year, the University expects a number of applicants to occupy a certain number of spaces.
If the spaces fill up faster, the applications might close early. If there are more spaces after the closing dates, then the application might reopen again for late applicants.
But it is always important for applicants to apply early because that will increase their chances of getting admission.
UFS online application requirements
The best way to know the UFS online application requirements is to read the UFS Prospectus. The brochure contains almost everything you must know about the University of the Free State before application.
With that in mind, let us look at some of the UFS online application requirements.
- Since this is UFS online application, it is very important to have an active phone number and email address before application.
- There are some documents you need and since this is an online application, you must prepare them in softcopies.
- South African applicants need an SA ID Card and international applicants need Passport.
- If you are under 18 years, then you must add your parents’ ID or Passport copy
- If already matriculated, then you must add a copy of your NSC.
- Final Grade 11 results copy. It must have your school’s stamp on it. For international applicants, provide grade 11 results or any equivalent results.
- Grade 12 results. It is also important for this one to have your school’s stamp on it. International applicants should also provide higher educational certificates equivalent to Grade 12 results.
- International applicants must add USAF accreditation documents.
You must always check with your selected course Faculty requirements whether you have all the documents ready.
If everything is ready, then follow the UFS online application process below.
The application process is very simple and anyone can follow through the process. The UFS Online Application is one of the fastest you can get throughout South Africa.
It is also very responsive so you can apply using your mobile phone or tablet.
- First, you must visit the Application Page using this URL: >> https://apply.ufs.ac.za/
- Follow through and fill out the form with all your details. Make sure every information you provide on the form is accurate.
- After completing the form, read and accept all terms and conditions then submit the form.
After receiving and processing your form, the University of the Free State will send you a Student Number.
Note that this student number does not imply you getting admission. It will only serve as a reference number until a final decision is made on your application by UFS.
How To Check UFS Online Application Status
Checking your UFS application status is the next thing you must continue doing until you see the final decision on your application.
- To check your application status, go to the UFS website using this URL: >> https://www.ufs.ac.za/
- Click on the “Students” tab as indicated in the screenshot below.
- This will open the KosieLife portal for you. You can also ignore the above procedure and open the page using this URL: >>> https://www.ufs.ac.za/kovsielife
- Click on “Student Self Service“.
- After clicking on that, you should get to the Oracle PeopleSoft page. Now login with your Student Number and Password.
- From there, click on “View Applications“. You should be able to see your UFS application status using the procedure.
UFS accommodation application
UFS offers a variety of accommodation options for its applicants. There are accommodations available both on campus and off campus. However, accommodation is guaranteed when the applicant gains admission. It is always on a “first come, first served” basis.
UFS is one of the universities that have only single-sex residences. There is no mixed residence available.
- To apply for residence, visit. www.ufs.ac.za
- Click on the students’ tab.
- Click on residence
- Select your gender
- Fill out the form with your correct information and submit it.
That is it. You will get feedback from the University of the Free State if your residence application is successful.
All residences are furnished with a bed, curtains, desk, chair, central heating system, and access to the internet. All you have to do is bring your luggage and start living.
You should also check the UFS residence page if you want to find out more about the University of the Free State accommodation.
UFS online application FAQs
In this section of the article, I will try my possible best to answer all Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the UFS online application. In case you have a question about the UFS online application that I have not answered, simply leave it in the comment box. I will answer as early as possible.
How many points are needed at UFS?
For school leavers who are applying for undergraduate courses, a minimum of 30 AP scores is required. Anything less than that will mean your UFS online application might not be considered.