Wits Self Service is useful to both Wits applicants and current students. There are so many things one can do with the Wits Self Service portal.
The Wits Self Service portal is the online students and staff portal for the University of Witwatersrand.
There are so many things that prospective students and current students must know about the portal.
In this article, I will show you all the most important features of the portal and how to utilize them.
How To Use Wits Self Service Portal
From the day you submit your application to the University of Witswatersrand till you will leave, you will need this portal.
Since this is the major platform for the students and staff, it is more important to know everything there is about the platform.
Wits Self Service Guide For Applicants
Here are some of the things applicants will need the portal for.
- For uploading supporting documents during their online application process.
- This is where you will check your application status and also know if there is any decision made on your application.
- You can view your Financial Aid Application (NSFAS) or Scholarship and Bursary application status if there is any.
- View your Residence status if applicable.
- You can also check your personal information including phone numbers, address, email address, full name, etc
As you can see, it is almost impossible to file your application without using the portal.
To log in, you must go to the Wits student portal page. Scroll down and you should see the login fields similar to the image below.
Enter your Person Number.
Enter your Password and click the “Sign In” button. Note that the password is your date of birth in the format “YYMMDD“. For instance, if you are born on 7 August 1990, your password will be “900807“
If you have any problem logging in, you can always call 0117171888 for assistance.
Current Students Guide
There are things students can also do with the portal. The portal gives you access to everything you need at Wits including Wits library materials.
The following are some of the things you can do with the portal.
- You can access and print your fees statement
- There is a place to check your timetable and venues
- You will also be able to view and amend personal information in case there are any mistakes.
- Check your application status
- Pay your fees online
- View final examination results
- Check examination timetable
- View graduation dates
These are the major things you can do from your self-service dashboard.
- You can also log in to the portal by simply visiting this link.
- Enter your Student ID number
- Enter Password and click on the “Sign In” button.
You should successfully log in using that procedure. Unless maybe you have forgotten your password. In that case, you must follow the procedure below to reset it.
Simply enter your Student ID and answer the rest of the questions correctly to reset your password. The next time you log on, always remember to use your new password.
If you have problems doing that, you can always call 0117171888 for assistance.
In conclusion, I will say it is almost impossible to be part of Wits without using the Wits Self Service Portal.
It is like the main portal for communication between students and the University so you will definitely not know what is going on if you don’t use it.
You must always contact the IT help desk if you have any problem with the portal.
If you have any questions or suggestions, kindly leave a comment.