Are you finding it difficult trying to install Windows on iLife ZED Air laptop? I have been there before and here is the solution that worked for me.
If you landed on this page then you are probably finding it difficult to run a Windows Operating System on your iLife ZED Air laptop or you are just interested in the topic. No matter what you are looking for, trust me to provide you with the best information.
iLife ZED laptops are one of the most complicated laptops on the market right now. Even though they are very complicated, most people are interested and patronize them because of their awesome design, amazing features, and the fact that they are very light.
The laptop is made with a lot of modernized technology in mind. This makes it difficult and complicated for the traditional Windows installation procedures to work.
This laptop is made with an internal SSD, internal RAM, and Internal CPU. There is no single detachable chipset on the ZED Air Laptop motherboard. Everything including Bluetooth devices was made with the board.
I have been talking about the iLife Zed Air laptop for a while now. I have written a few articles including how to fix iLife Zed Air laptop keyboard and mouse. All these are issues I had with my Zed Air laptop and resolved successfully. In this new article, we shall look at how to install Windows on iLife ZED Air laptop
Table of Contents
How To Install Windows On iLife ZED Air Laptop
Before you install Windows on iLife ZED Air laptop, make sure you have a very good reason before you try it. If you install a different Windows version from the one that it originally came with, you might end up having even more problems.
One problem with ZED Air laptops is; immediately after you upgrade your operating system, most of your device drivers won’t work again and you won’t be able to update them online or using Driverpack Solutions. Even though I wrote an article about how to get iLife ZED Air laptop drivers to counter this issue, it is not as easy as it sounds.
This tutorial will come in two sections so pay attention.
1. Create a bootable pen drive
To install Windows on iLife Zed Air, you must prepare certain things first. One of the things you must prepare is a bootable pen drive. You will need a few things to make this happen.
- Get a pen drive that has more than 4GB of storage. Note that this drive will go through complete formatting to back up any information you have on it.
- You will have to download the Windows ISO image.
I have written a detailed article on How to create a Windows bootable pen drive. You can read that to learn how to do that. Note that ZED Air comes with EUFI firmware so you must make your bootable pen drive EUFI compatible.
2. Install Windows on iLife Zed Air
The first thing I would like you to do before you go through this procedure is to reset the BIOS to default. I have written about how to reset iLife Zed Air laptop BIOS. Read that and follow the procedure to reset your BIOS to default values. When done, follow the procedure below to install Windows on iLife Zed Air laptop.
- Turn off your laptop, and connect your bootable pen drive. In this case, that will be the bootable pen drive you created.
- Go to the BIOS setting and set your USB drive as the default boot device. Alternatively, you can just go to the boot menu and select your pen drive to boot from it.
- To go to the ZED Air boot menu, press escape as soon as the laptop powers up.
- The mouse controls work in the boot menu screen so navigate with the mouse pad and click on “Boot Device”. If your mouse isn’t working there, use the up and down arrows to select and the enter key to click.
- A list of boot devices will appear, just click on the name of your pen drive or USB device.
- From there follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: Your bootable pendrive must be EUFI compatible else the process won’t work.
The installation should start as soon as you go through this procedure but note that after the new installation, it is likely you won’t be able to get some of your device drivers working.
If you having issues with your iLife Zed Air screen, then check out an earlier article I wrote about how to fix iLife Zed Air screen.
To install Windows on iLife Zed Air laptop, you will need a bootable pen drive. That is because this type of laptop does not use a CD room. Everything will have to go through the USB port.
When running Windows on this laptop you must be careful. Make sure you also have active internet on standby to help you update your drivers as soon as you are done with the installation.
If you have any questions or suggestions kindly leave them in the comment section and I will reply as early as possible.