The TUT ITS Enabler is the online student portal for the Tshwane University of Technology. The portal has some awesome features that users must take advantage of to make their stay in the University easier.
While it is almost impossible to study without the TUT ITS Enabler, there are still students out there who know less than 50% of the features.
Without wasting much of your time, let’s look at some of the features of the portal and how to use it.
Major TUT ITS Enabler Features
These are the major features of the students portal.
- ITS System itself
- TUT Library
- TUT myTUTor
- Student Email
TUT ITS System And What You Can Use For
The ITS system is the major system connecting the students to all the resources they need to make learning easier.
The system itself is an informative system making the University’s communications with students very easy.
- Some of the things students can do with this portal are as follows;
- New applicants can use this to check their application status.
- You can check your exam timetable with it.
- There is also an option for checking exams results
- Financial statements and financial aid information are also available through this system.
- It will help you to track events and special occasions.
- Another part of the portal allows you to get remote access to TUT’s Library materials.
- The myTUTor access is also granted through the TUT ITS system.
- A unique students email access is also available.
These are just some of the functions of the TUT ITS system. There are other tiny functions that will take some experience for you to notice.
TUT ITS Enabler Access And Pin Reset Process
If you want to access the enabler, you must have a Student ID Number and a Pin. If you have your ID Number without a Pin, don’t worry you are still good to go.
For applicants who want to only check their TUT Online Application Status, read my previous article. You don’t need a student ID Number or a Pincode to do that.
- First, you have to get to the TUT Students portal login page. It should be similar to the image below.
- Make sure you check the “Student” radio button.
- Enter your Student Number and Pin.
- If you are done, click the “Login” button. You should be able to log in successfully if everything is correct.
- If this is your first time logging in and you don’t have a Pin, click on the “Request A Pin” button after entering your Student Number.
How To Reset or Change Pin
Since we are human beings, errors are some of the things we can not skip. You might have forgotten your Pin. It could also be that you just want to change your old Pin.
While it is recommended to change your Pin at least once within every two months, you must also note that making your Pincode out of numbers that don’t mean anything to you will make you forget easily.
If you simply want to change your pin, follow the procedure below.
- Go to the ITS Login Page.
- Enter your Student Number
- Click on the “Change Pin” button
- You will be prompted to enter your old Pin, enter it, enter a new one and confirm.
That is it, your new Pin should be effective as soon as you get a successful notification.
If you have forgotten your Pincode, then do the following.
- Get to the login page
- Enter your Student ID Number
- Click on the “Forgotten Pin” button
Follow the prompt to answer some security questions. If you answer everything correctly, you should be able to set a new Pincode.
In short, the TUT ITS Enabler is the major platform that allows students to get access to resources to make their studies easier. It also serves as a communication tool between the University and the students.
Is there any question you have about this topic that I didn’t answer? Leave a comment below.