The UFS Oracle PeopleSoft is the students portal for the University of the Free State. This is a simple guide to help you navigate the portal and get around.
The Oracle PeopleSoft is the web-based Oracle Database Management System that the University of the Free State Utilizes for the administration of academic services offered by the University.
It is very important for every student to have access to this platform. There are so many things that go on campus that is impossible without this platform.
What It Is Used For
The Oracle PeopleSoft tailors the curricula modules available for students in one big database. Students must then use the unique course codes to search and register for courses via this platform.
Managing and registering for modules become the major function of this platform but there are other uses. The UFS Oracle PeopleSoft has other functions that students use from time to time.
The UFS Self Service portal runs on the same Oracle database. It means that Self Service is one of the many web applications using data from the Oracle database.
The Oracle PeopleSoft also serves as the database on which everything else runs.
UFS Oracle PeopleSoft Modules Enrolment
Since you are a student of the University of the Free State, you must register for courses every semester. The online registration is done through PeopleSoft.
Before you start your registration process, there are some key things you must note before proceeding.
First of all, you must seek academic advice before registration. You should also check the academic advice page to see the respective contacts and details on who to talk to.
You must make sure there are no holds on your Student Number before you start the process. The possible holds could be arrears, you don’t meet admission requirements, etc. You must always check your student number to be sure there are no holds on your registration.
- To register, simply go to the registration page
- Log in using your Username and Password.
- After login, click on the “Tasks” Tab.
- Look out for “Registration XXXX” and click. “XXXX” represents the year in question.
- Follow through the steps to complete the tasks. The system saves your progress so you can always come back and continue from where you left till all Tasks are completed.
- Confirm that all the courses you wish to enroll in are on your proof of registration. The proof of registration will be emailed to you shortly after the registration. You can also check it out on the Student Centre Page.
How To Reset Your Password
It is very important to change your password at least once every 90 days. This will help increase the security of your account.
There are times that you might have also forgotten your password. Follow through the procedure below to reset it.
- Click on “Forgotten Password“
- Enter your Username which is usually your Student Number and click on “Search“
- Select one of two options. Send a One-Time-Password (OTP) to your Email Address or Phone Number. It is recommended to use the SMS option since it is faster.
- As soon as you receive the code, enter the code and click on the “Check Code” button.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Now enter your New Password and Confirm your password. Make sure your Password follows the criteria below.
Your Password should not be less than 8 characters but must not exceed 32 characters.
It should contain at least 1 lowercase, 1 uppercase, 1 number, and a special character.
Do not use your previous password or username as the password.
When you follow the process right, you should be able to have your password reset.