The UP Portal is the major platform where students can get access to all the University’s resources online. This portal gives the students access to everything including libraries, course materials, journals, etc.
Each student will have access to the platform with their unique Students ID Number and unique password combination. The password must be something that the students will choose by themselves.
The platform is accessible anywhere even beyond borders on any network. But it is also one of the most secured university platforms in the world.
UP Portal Login Page
Since the portal is strictly for students and staff of the University of Pretoria, One cannot register it out of their own free will.
You can only access the platform if you are a staff or student with a valid student or staff ID Number. With that in mind, let us take a look at how to access the platform.
The UP Portal Login Page is accessible via the upnet.up.ac.za link. Likewise, you can also visit up.ac.za and click on the “My UP Login” button to get to the login page.
The image is the exact or similar image you see as soon as you visit the portal’s login page via a computer or any device that does not display mobile web pages.
How To Register UP Portal
For first-time users, you must register the platform before getting access. It takes less than two minutes to register.
Before you can register, you must be a University of Pretoria student, staff, or applicant before you will be able to register.
If you are an applicant, you can check your application email. If your application is successful, you will receive an EMPLID or Student Number. This number will become part of your Username during registration.
The email you will receive will be similar to the screenshot above. After receiving the email, you must wait for at least 48 hours before registering with it.
With your student number set, let’s begin the registration process.
- After opening the login link, Click on “New User“
- Enter your Student/EMPLID number in the Username field starting with a “u“. For instance, if your number is “0123456” then you have to enter “u0123456” as your Username.
- Enter your National ID Card or Passport numbers
- Click on “Proceed” and you will get on the page where you will have to set your password.
- Password shouldn’t be less than 8 characters
- It shouldn’t be more than 25 characters too.
- Have at least 1 numeric character in your password
- At least 2 alphabets, 1 lower case and 1 upper case
- The password is bound to expire after 60 days
- You cannot use the same password again.
- Enter your password following the policy, repeat, and proceed.
- You can now use your Username and the password to login
There are so many benefits students get from using the UP Portal. It is more like impossible to survive the University of Pretoria without accessing it.
Below are a few of the benefits you can get from using the platform.
- The platform has a students area where applicants can track their admission.
- It also help the student to stay updated with events and news happening accross the campuses.
- Students can access course materials through the platform.
- Timetables are also accessible on the platform.
- The “Students Center” helps student in many ways unimagineable.
Can You Access UP Library With UP Portal Logins?
Yes, You can access UP Library with your logins. If you have not seen my article on the UP Library Services yet, you can always check and see how the library system is structured.
Each of the Libraries has online resources where one can read or download course materials and other Journals.
Access to these online resources demands a username and password. The UP Portal Logins are the same passwords you use there too.
ClickUP / UP Blackboard Access
UP Blackboard is an innovative platform that is designed to help lecturers to lecture students easily without face-to-face interactions. On the other hand, it is also helping students to learn without face-to-face interactions.
The UP Blackboard is accessible through the ClickUP link.
Students can easily access the platform using their UP Portal logins. To do that, simply visit the ClickUP login page or download the app for your phone.
If you visit the page, click on “Sign in with third-party account“
Click on the UP Portal link and you will be redirected. Login with username and password and you are done.
Go back to the UP Blackboard link again and you are in.
There are so many things that will demand that you call support. Website issues, login issues, download issues, etc.
You must always be ready to make that call or send that email to get your problems resolved.
If you have problems with anything, make sure you contact the corresponding support teams as listed below.
STAFF / GUEST
This is where to get support if you are a staff or guest who wants assistance with anything.
Support Number: (012) 420-3051
STUDENTS / ALUMNI
IT Help desk number. Call this number for support if you are having any IT-related problems. Only registered students will get assistance.
Support Number: (012) 420-3837
STUDENT SERVICE CENTER / STUDY APPLICANTS
All issues concerning Finance/Application Status/Registration/Placements/Accommodation and Residence.
Support Number: (012) 420-3111
To be on the safer side, simply download the Support Manual PDF file. It will also help you to locate individual support desks on campus.