Are you finding it difficult to access the internet on your new phone? You must configure your MTN Ghana internet settings before you will be able to access the internet.
There are many different occasions where I have witnessed people being unable to access the internet because they do not have the internet configuration on their phones. In this case, the only way one can access the internet is by configuration.
Internet configuration is one of the settings you will have to perform on your device in order for your device to connect to the internet through your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Without this configuration, you can have an active internet bundle but you will not be able to access the internet.
In this new article, I will be helping you to configure MTN Ghana internet settings. But before we go deeper, kindly take a quick look at the table of content below. It shows the overview of the content on this page and you can click on any of the topics to jump to that particular article.
Table of Contents
How to Configure MTN Ghana Internet Settings
When it comes to the MTN Ghana network, there are two different ways you can configure your internet settings. There is the automatic configuration which is sent to your phone automatically and there are the manual settings which you can go through by yourself.
I will guide you through how to configure MTN Ghana internet both automatically and manually.
Automatic internet configuration is a very simple one. Immediately you insert your MTN sim card into your phone, it should send you the automatic configuration.
All you have to do is to click on “Install or Save” to install the settings. When asked for a password, simply input 1234 and that is it. You have installed your MTN Ghana internet settings.
You can also request the automatic internet settings by following the procedure below:
- Dial *156#
- Select option 2 (Internet Settings)
- Select option 1 (Internet Settings)
You should receive the internet settings immediately if your phone supports automatic internet configuration.
If you don’t get the settings automatically after this procedure, you can also call the MTN customer care number to let them send you the configuration.
The manual configuration is a little bit technical. With just a little guidance which I will give you right away, you should be able to configure your internet all by yourself.
Note that I am doing this tutorial on an Android phone. Even though you might also be using Android but your interface might look different from mine. Simply keep track of the settings and you should be able to get it done in no time.
- Step 1; Locate your phone settings and open your settings app. Refer to the screenshot below. From the settings options, tap on “Connections”.
- Step 2: From the list of options, click on “Mobile Networks”. On some phones, you will see “Mobile networks” immediately after you open your settings app.
- Step 3: Under Mobile networks, click on “Access Point Names”. On some other phones, you will see “APN” instead.
- Step 4: If there are no configurations available, it should be blank. Tap on the “Add” button. On some other phones, you will see just a “Plus (+) sign”.
- Step 5: For MTN Ghana internet settings, you do not need a Proxy or Port. Simply input the following details.
Name: MTN Internet (any similar name including MTN Ghana is acceptable)
APN: internet (It should all be in lowercase else this settings will not work)
These are the only things you will have to set. For the rest, you leave them like that. Make sure you click on the three dots or menu icon and select “Save”. That is it.
After following the above procedure to configure your MTN Ghana internet settings, make sure you restart your phone to make it effective.
Some tips to speed up your internet
Configuring your MTN Ghana internet settings is one thing. Keeping your internet fast and stable is another thing that is also very important.
There are several ways you can keep your internet up to speed and below are some of the simple tips that will help you enjoy some speed.
- Enable 4G LTE. If your phone supports 4G, then make sure you have enabled the 4G capabilities of your phone. There are several 4G LTE networks in Ghana and MTN Ghana is one of them.
- Disable internet access for unused apps in the background. You can control which apps use background data from the Data Usage settings of your phone.
- Try midnight browsing. When browsing at midnight, the internet turns out to be faster since most people are not connected to the network. You should also use the MTN midnight bundle if you decide to use this tip. You will get both a faster and cheaper internet connection.
These are some simple tips just to help you enjoy a faster internet connection.
These are some of the questions people are asking about this particular topic. If you have any question that has not been answered here yet, kindly leave it in the comment section and I will reply as early as possible.
How do I receive the automatic configuration settings via SMS?
To receive automatic configuration settings, simply dial *156#.
– Select option 2 (Internet Settings)
– Select option 1 (Internet Settings)
You should receive the automatic MTN Ghana internet settings right after that. Save it and when asked for a pin, enter 1234
What should I do if I encounter connectivity issues after configuring the settings?
If you experience connectivity issues, first double-check that you entered the settings correctly. If the problem persists, try restarting your device or contacting MTN Ghana customer support for assistance.
The MTN Ghana internet settings can be a bit technical especially if you can’t access the automatic settings. However, with the steps outlined in this post, you should be able to configure your MTN Ghana internet settings manually even if you didn’t receive the automatic configuration.
You should also use the tips given in this article to help speed up your internet connection.