My SUN Menu, the essential student portal at Stellenbosch University – Learn everything you need to effectively use this central hub to access critical apps, view exam results, troubleshoot issues, and streamline your university experience.
The My SUN Menu is the main online portal for students, staff, and researchers at Stellenbosch University. It is very important for life at the university. This guide explains everything you need to know about the Stellenbosch University student portal and how to use it properly.
At the end of this article, you should be able to understand all the points in the table below.
|The My SUN Menu offers access to important university apps and tools, conveniently organized.|
|Logging in is easy – just select your status and access customized resources.|
|Be sure to check exam results through the Academic Records section.|
|Contact tech support staff immediately if you have login or access issues.|
|Read up on related articles to make the most of your time at Stellenbosch and in South Africa.|
|Use the My SUN Menu frequently to stay connected and leverage all campus services.|
We will start by listing the different tools and apps you can access in the portal. These are organized by undergraduates, postgraduates, staff, and researchers. We also explain how new students can check their Stellenbosch University application status.
Then we give easy, step-by-step instructions for logging into My SUN and finding what you need. Checking your exam results is also covered. At the end, we provide contact information if you have problems or questions.
By the end of this guide, you will understand the My SUN Menu and be able to use all its features. This will help new and current students and staff at Stellenbosch University be more successful and organized on campus. Let’s get started learning about this important website!
Table of Contents
What Can You Find in My SUN Menu?
The My SUN Menu has lots of useful things for different people at the university. There are links sorted into groups – undergraduates, postgraduates, staff members, and researchers. This makes it easier to find what you need.
Here are some examples of tools in the portal:
- SUNLearn – This is the system for online courses and study materials.
- MySUN Webmail – Your email account at Stellenbosch.
- Other apps to help with your classes and campus life.
For University Staff:
- Tools to help with your work such as email, documents, etc.
- Systems to manage campus services.
For New Applicants:
- You can check the status of your application to see if you have been accepted.
The My SUN Menu brings everything together in one place. It has almost everything students and employees need to use technology at the university. We’ll explain more about how to log in and use the portal next.
How To Use the My SUN Portal
Using the My Stellenbosch University Menu is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Go to midtier.sun.ac.za. You will see a page with tabs for undergraduates, postgraduate, staff, and researchers. Refer to the image in the screenshot.
- Click the tab that fits you. For example, pick “Undergraduates” if you are a student.
- Next, click on the icons or links for the apps and tools you need. For students, this may be SUNLearn or My SUN Webmail. For staff, links to work systems.
- For most tools, you will need to log in with your university username and password. New students will get these with their acceptance letter. If you do not have an account yet, contact the university.
Once logged in, you can use all the great features! Apps will work on your phone, tablet or computer.
If something goes wrong when you’re trying to log in, you can ask for help. Just send an email to [email protected] or call (021) 808 4367. They’re there to help you fix things so you can use the portal without any problems.
The My SUN Menu makes it simple to get what you need. Next we will discuss checking your important exam results.
Checking Your Exam Results
After you take exams at Stellenbosch University, you will want to check your marks or grades. You can see your results using the portal.
When the exam results are ready, the university will send you an email or text message. This is to let you know your results can be viewed.
- To see your grades, log into the portal if you aren’t already.
- Click on the “Academic Records” section. This is usually under the “My Academic Administration” icon on the main page.
- Next, select “My Marks” and choose the exam period, like “February 2023 Exams”. You will then see a list of all your exam results from that period!
If any results are missing or if you have questions about your grades, contact your professor or academic advisor right away.
The My SUN student portal makes it easy to check success in your courses. Doing well on exams means you are on track in your studies at Stellenbosch!
Let us know if you need any help understanding your academic records on the My SUN portal.
Getting Help with My SUN Menu
We hope this guide makes the My SUN portal easy to understand and use. But technology can still cause problems or confusion sometimes. Do not worry – there is expert help available!
If you have trouble with links not working, passwords not accepted, or information missing, here are some tips:
- Carefully check your internet connection and try refreshing the website or logging out and back in. This fixes simple issues.
- If that does not help, reset your university password at password.sun.ac.za. Sometimes passwords expire or get corrupted.
- Contact the IT support team by email at [email protected] or phone at 021 808 4367. Explain what went wrong. The tech support staff know how to solve My SUN problems!
- Ask another student or professor to show you how they access the portal. Seeing it done correctly in person can help.
By getting help right away when the My SUN student portal is not working, you can get back to using this important system as soon as possible. Do not wait to get help!
Other Helpful Resources
We have some other great articles specific to Stellenbosch University that are useful to read:
- Stellenbosch University Prospectus – Get details on all undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs that Stellenbosch offers.
- Stellenbosch University Vacancies – Search current staff job openings and application instructions.
- SUN Library – Guide to using the library system at Stellenbosch to access study resources.
Reading through these will give you further important information you need as a new or current student/staff member. The prospectus helps choose your academic path. The vacancies page allows staff to advance their careers on campus. And the library page shows all the resources available for research projects and assignments.
Check back regularly as we continuously publish new Stellenbosch and general university advice. Topics coming soon include:
- Finding part-time work on campus
- Transportation options and parking
- Student health and counselling
Let us know what other questions you have about succeeding at Stellenbosch! We are happy to create more guides to support your university experience.
Here is a draft conclusion in basic English:
We have now covered all the key details about the My SUN online portal at Stellenbosch University. You should understand:
- What apps and tools are available in My SUN student portal
- How to log in and access what you need
- Where to check important exam results
- Who to contact if you need login help or tech support
We also shared related articles to help with university applications and life in South Africa.
The My Stellenbosch University Menu is very important for students and staff at Stellenbosch. It connects you to information, communications, and services across campus. So take time to practice logging in and finding key apps for your program and role.
Use this guide anytime you have questions or get stuck. We aim for the instructions and resources here to improve your everyday experience at Stellenbosch University. Just contact us if you need any help beyond what is covered.
Best of luck learning and working at one of South Africa’s premier universities! Stay up to date on campus news and make the most of Stellenbosch with support from our expanding university articles and tips.